Archive for January, 2011

Flash embedded character ranges glyph listing

January 30th, 2011

(what an awkward title for this post)

Flash, as you probably know, allows you to embed certain character ranges for dynamic text fields. I was curious just exactly what was in each of the ranges so I decided to just figure it out and list them here. In particular I wanted to know where certain special characters like bullet, raquo, tm, circle r, and accented characters lived and which sets I needed to embed to have access to them. One thing I learned first off, was that some sets overlap. The character sets “Uppercase”,”Lowercase”,”Numerals”, and “Punctuation” are all actually included in “Basic Latin”. I always thought each set was separate.

Here goes:

(note: I’m skipping “Uppercase”, “Lowercase”, “Numerals” because they are self explanatory and all of the non-latin alphabet sets because.. just because)

Punctuation:

!”#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~ˆ˜–—‘’‚“”„†‡•…‰‹›€™

Basic Latin:

!”#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~

Latin I:

¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ–—―‗‘’‚‛“”„†‡•…‰′″‹›‼‾⁄₣₤₧€℅ℓ№™Ω℮⅛⅜⅝⅞

Latin Extended A:

ĀāĂ㥹ĆćĈĉĊċČčĎďĐđĒēĔĕĖėĘęĚěĜĝĞğĠġĢģĤĥĦħĨĩĪīĬĭĮįİıIJijĴĵĶķĸĹĺĻļĽľĿŀŁłŃńŅņŇňʼnŊŋŌōŎŏŐőŒœ
ŔŕŖŗŘřŚśŜŝŞşŠšŢţŤťŦŧŨũŪūŬŭŮůŰűŲųŴŵŶŷŸŹźŻżŽžſƒǺǻǼǽǾǿ–—―‗‘’‚‛“”„†‡•…‰′″‹›‼‾⁄₣₤₧€℅ℓ№™Ω℮⅛⅜⅝⅞

Latin Extended B:

ƒǺǻǼǽǾǿ–—―‗‘’‚‛“”„†‡•…‰′″‹›‼‾⁄₣₤₧€℅ℓ№™Ω℮⅛⅜⅝⅞

Latin Extended Add’l:

ẀẁẂẃẄẅỲỳ–—―‗‘’‚‛“”„†‡•…‰′″‹›‼‾⁄₣₤₧€℅ℓ№™Ω℮⅛⅜⅝⅞

“OverwriteManager is not defined” error with TweenLite/TweenMax

January 26th, 2011

I got this error recently when using the TweenLite / TweenMax SWC file. Couldn’t for the life of me figure out what it was. Turns out it has to do with how you import the SWC into your FLA. If you go to File > Actionscript Settings.. > Library Path and click on your imported SWC file, then click the little letter “i” button to get to the Library Path Item Options box. Under the drop down “Link Type”, change it to “Merged into code”. I have no idea what this actually means and sometimes it’s set that way by default, but sometimes it’s not. If it’s not, you get the “OverwriteManager is not defined” error.